July 1, 2020 Update
Please know that our thoughts and hearts go out to you during these uncertain times. We hope that you and your family are doing well and staying healthy. Please know the health and safety of the public, our participants and our staff remains our top priority. We remain in close contact with our own healthcare consultant [an experienced and knowledgeable nurse practitioner (DNP, APRN) at the University of Kentucky], public health officials, the American Camp Association as well as other regional and national groups for guidance. Furthermore, we closely monitor and will continue to abide by Governor Beshear's as well as other officials' recommendations. In consultation with all of these resources and following the governor's guidance, we developed an extensive COVID response plan that allows us a gradual reopening of services over the weeks and months ahead.
- Groups Rescheduled: We recently resumed working with small groups, on a very limited basis. If interested in booking an outdoor experience for your group, please contact our Registrar, Kat Miller, at email@example.com, 859-873-3271 to discuss. Groups previously booked this spring and summer have already been contacted to reschedule and/or modigy their reservations. We will similarly reach out to groups already booked for the fall and beyond over the weeks ahead to confirm, modify or reschedule their plans.
- "Open Enrollment," Adventure Camp Session: Our 2020 summer day-camp session (originally scheduled for June) will reopen with two options of rescheduled dates: July 6 through 10, or July 13 through 17. These alternative camp dates will involve lower maximum enrollment caps as well as additional, extensive policies to enhance camper and staff safety. Previously enrolled as well as wait-listed families should have already received direct communication from our registrar with options: apply their existing registration/deposit to their preferred dates in July. If you are a currently enrolled family but have not received this communication, please contact our Registrar (Kat Miller, firstname.lastname@example.org, 859-873-3271) at your earliest opportunity to discuss. Additional information will be forthcoming to re-enrolled families which will include self-reporting health checks, our enhanced drop-off/pick-up/daily health checks and other proceedures. Alternatively, enrolled families will be given the option to apply their deposit to the 2021 summer or receive a refund. Please accept our deeply felt apologies for any inconvenience and our thanks for your continued patience as we work through this process together. We anticipate filling our rescheduled camp dates with existing enrollment and/or existing, waitlisted families. Thus, we unfortunately cannot currently accept new enrollment until/unless cancellations warrant. Check back with these pages over the weeks ahead for further updates.
- Offices Reopened: To maintain social distancing and in compliance with the Governor's guidance, many of our staff continue to work remotely. However, our physical offices reopened from 9-5 Monday through Friday. Visitors will be asked to wear a mask at all times. Upon arrival, you will be asked to complete a brief temperature and wellness check/survey before advancing past our entry area. Please do NOT enter if you have suspect you have been exposed to anyone who is ill, shown symptons or has be diagnosed with COVID-19. Similarly, please do not visit our premises if you have a fever, cough, breathing difficulty, sore throat, muscle aches, headache, gastrointestinal symptoms, chills or a loss of taster or sense of smell. Please reach out with any questions or concerns you might have by phone or email.
- Trails Remain Open: One of the benefits of the Life Adventure Center property, and our sister property at Buckley Wildlife Sanctuary, are the trails that help our neighbors get outside at a time when they need it more than ever. Please note that our trail systems have now reverted to their singular user groups: equestrians and mountain bikers are welcome at our main facility (570 Milner Road, Versailles). HOWEVER and as we have resumed hosting groups at that facility, our labyrinth and equine trails are now CLOSED to pedestrian traffice at that location. We invite you to enjoy our spectacular pedestrian trails, open to the public at our Buckley Wildlife Sanctuary (1305 Germany Road- Frankfort, KY 40601). Please click on the "trails" tab, above for more information.
- Please continue to adhere to Physical Distance protocals to ensure your safety and to help us keep these resources open!
We are thrilled to begin re-opening our programs in this measured and cautious way. We know that the work we do will be more needed than ever after this crisis has passed—both for our partner organizations serving trauma affected clients as well as schools and even corporate teams! As individuals, teams and groups navigate their "new normal," Life Adventure Center stands ready to build trauma recovery, communication, teamwork, and leadership. Please follow and like us at www.facebook.com/LifeAdventureCenter.
We deeply appreciate the trust you place in Life Adventure Center. Our mission revolves around building resilience for each life we have the privilege of influencing. Through those lives, we hope to build a more resilient world. We hope you join us by building resilience for our community during these challenging times. Please feel free to contact me personally at email@example.com with any questions, concerns and to let us know how we might be of service.
Until then, thank you and stay healthy!
Timothy D. Magill, M.S., C.T.P.