Who is Life Adventure Center?
More than mere recreation, we change lives through outdoor adventure. Our certified staff harness evidence-based theories of experiential education to innovatively combine group dynamics, psychology, meditation, equine assisted learning/psychotherapy, and outdoor adventure to build resiliency, communication, teambuilding, and self-efficacy.
LAC is an outdoor experiential educaton non-profit, which means we run year-round camps and retreats for trauma-affected populations. We build resiliency in youth coming from cyclical poverty and abuse, Veterans living with PTS, and women rescued from human sex-trafficking. We also work with mainstream schools and corporate groups.
Serving groups of 8 or more, our professionally facilitated outdoor programs range from 1/2 day experiences to 5-day residential retreats & camps.
- Equine Assisted Learning/Psychotherapy
- Climbing & Challenge Course (including climbing towers, zip lines, etc.)
- Outdoor Adventure: canoeing, camping, rock climbing, wilderness survival
- Meditation & Labyrinth experiences
Who does Life Adventure Center Serve?
- Corporate Teambuilding & Leadership Retreats
- School Teambuilding & Environmental Education Fieldtrips & Camps
"At-Risk" Groups served at greatly reduced cost or FREE (supported by gifts from donors like you!):
- Women Recovering from Human Sex-Trafficking
- Military Families, Disabled Veterans & Service Members suffering with PTS
- Inner-city youth coming from cyclical poverty & abuse
- Developmentally Disabled Adults
How is Life Adventure Center Funded?
Life Adventure Center is a 501(c)3, charitable organization. Receiving no governmental funding, we rely on tax deductible gifts from kind and caring donors like you to rebuild military families, improve resiliency for impoverished kids and heal the wounds of trauma!